To view or download the pdf version of this page click here: Call for Manuscripts – March 2017.
About the Journal
The Oregon Journal of the Social Studies is a peer-reviewed, electronic journal that provides an outlet for PK-16 social studies research, best practices, lesson plans, and reviews.
Call for Manuscripts
The editors of the Oregon Journal of the Social Studies, a peer-reviewed electronic journal, issue a call to submit manuscripts for the March 2017 issue.
Submissions from all social studies disciplines as well as from interdisciplinary perspectives are welcome. Each submission will be refereed using a double-blind peer review process. Submit manuscripts as a file attachment to the executive editor.
Submit your manuscript with an email message indicating that it has not been published elsewhere, is not under consideration for publication elsewhere, and that copyright will be given to the Oregon Journal of the Social Studies should it be accepted for publication.
To be sent for peer review, manuscripts must be:
- Original, accurate, meet submission guidelines, in good form editorially, and not under consideration elsewhere.
- Submitted in Microsoft .doc or .docx format.
- Submitted in Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (6thedition) style.
- Manuscripts that do not comply with APA format will be returned without review.
- Formatted in Times New Roman, size 12 font, double spaced with graphics embedded in text in .gif or .jpg file formats.
- From 2,000 to 5,000 words in length, excluding
- All manuscripts must be written in English.
- Submit with an e-mail message (a) identifying the category under which the manuscript should be reviewed (i.e. Practice, Research, or Lesson Plan). Confirm that the manuscript has not been published elsewhere, is not under consideration for publication elsewhere, and that copyright will be given to the Oregon Journal of the Social Studies should it be published in the journal.
Please include: A title page with complete contact information for all authors, including address, telephone, fax, and email.
- Manuscript that is void of author(s) name and institution(s).
- An abstract of 100 words or less following the title page.
- A biographical sketch of each author of 30 words or less at the end of the manuscript.
For any additional questions please contact email@example.com
Manuscripts should be submitted no later than December 30, 2016, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dr. Kenneth T. Carano
Western Oregon University
Division of Teacher Education
Education Bldg. # 202K
345 N. Monmouth Ave.
Monmouth, OR 97361