OSCC FALL CONFERENCE
will take place on
Saturday, October 1st, 2016
at Concordia University in Portland, Oregon,
from 8:30 AM – 3:00 PM
This year’s OCSS Fall Conference includes more than 20 sessions on equity in time and place to choose from. We have made a special effort to include multiple sessions for elementary teachers as well as secondary.
Here are a few session titles to entice you:
- Sharing a Small World: Geography and Ecology for Young Learners
- Engaging Elementary Students in Understanding Japanese American Internment Through Primary Sources
- How spatial relationships are shaped by power and molded by culture
- Unpacking the 2016 elections and Learning How to Engage Students in Civil Discourse.
- Exploring Income Inequality, Public Goods and Bads
Oregon Council for the Social Studies is excited to have partnered with EF: Education First to provide Oregon middle and secondary teachers a professional learning opportunity to explore art, culture, and community throughout Cuba. Due to travel restrictions and quality of experience, space is limited to 25 participants. Contact OCSS President, Sarah Segal, to learn more about spending 8 days in Cuba during July 2017.
Congratulations to Past-President and OCSS board member
on being named the
Middle School Social Studies Educator of the Year!